Whatsapp has an thrilling new update that we’ve got been clamoring for. We’re going to clarify the right way to edit Whatsapp messages after sending them. It may be annoying once we send the mistaken message to the wrong person on Whatsapp.
Whatsapp lets you edit these typos after sending them as an alternative of deleting them like we used to. This will probably be a easy information on the right way to edit your Whatsapp messages. Let’s go forward and share it.
What You Have to Know About Editing Whatsapp Messages After Sending
Before moving ahead, let’s make clear that there are guidelines and limitations to modifying the messages. You can only edit a message within the first 15 minutes of sending it.
Whatsapp additionally doesn’t store the history of your edits; the recipient will only know that you just edited the message. You may also edit a sent message in a disappearing dialog. However you can’t keep track of an edited message.
Learn how to Edit WhatsApp Messages after Sending
- Make sure you have the latest version of WhatsApp installed on your phone.
- Open WhatsApp and go to the chat where you sent the message you want to edit.
- Long-press on the message you want to edit.
- A menu will appear with a few options, including “Edit.”
- Tap on “Edit.”
- Make the changes you want to the message.
- Tap on “Send.”
The message will be edited and a “Edited” label will be added to it. The recipient will be able to see that the message has been edited.
Note: You can only edit a message within 15 minutes of sending it. After 15 minutes, the edit option will no longer be available.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind when editing WhatsApp messages:
- You can edit text, links, and emojis in messages.
- You cannot edit media files, such as photos, videos, and voice messages.
- If you edit a message in a group chat, all participants in the chat will see that the message has been edited.
- The recipient of the edited message will be able to see the original version of the message if they have enabled “Read Receipts.”
Enhancing your message brings WhatsApp near different apps like iMessage. It’s a function that some customers have been calling for. You even have the function current on Telegram, and I solely marvel why it took WhatsApp this lengthy.